How To Order Your Repeat Prescription
Patients on long-term medication can order repeat prescriptions in a number of ways:
- Online using our prescription requests triage
- Using our online services – Patient Access
- Requesting a repeat prescription through your local pharmacy order and collect service
- In person or by post
- Please use the request slip from your previous prescription. If you wish you may send a stamped addressed envelope. Please allow 3 working days to process.
- Outpatient prescriptions may take up to 7 working days to process.
Please allow at least 3 working days before collection at the surgery or pharmacy of your choice. Please note:
- We are unable to process repeat medication requests on the same day.
- We cannot take telephone requests for repeat prescriptions because of the possibility of error.
- At the discretion of the doctors, housebound / infirm patients may be able to order their prescriptions over the phone.
Approximately once a year, the repeat prescription will be reviewed by your usual doctor. We do this to monitor your illness and medication. In this instance your prescription will be ready within five working days.
If you have been advised by the surgery that your review is due, please use our Medication Review form.
View the cost of prescriptions on the NHS: How much NHS prescriptions charge.
You can also find out if you are entitled to free prescriptions at NHS: Get Help With Prescription Costs.